Oldies but goodies... Take a look at these amazing books by Beatrix Potter. Here, you can find 23 of the original tales. They are so much fun to read...even more fun to look at the illustrations.
If you visit the following link, https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/sites/default/files/I_Opened_A_Book.pdf you will find the poem " I opened a book " by Julia Donaldson. Julia Donaldson is the author of " Stick Man ", the book we have already worked on. Read the poem very carefully and find some secret messages. For example, try to answer the following questions: In what sense does the narrator leave everything behind? (3rd and 4th line, 1st verse?) What is the " cloak " (μανδύας) the author refers to in 2nd verse? Look at the 3rd verse which finishes " To the happily ever after ". How is this line related to fairy tales? Look at the last line in the 4th verse. How do we understand the value of reading through the last line in the poem " But I have a book inside me ."
Olivia the Pig is an unusual heroine appearing in children's books challenging school standards and conventional modes. I have used Olivia's stories in class and the children were really motivated and enjoyed discussing the whimsical Olivia who always manages to catch the audience's attention in the most peculiar way. On the following link you can read an article I have published on Ian Falconer's "Olivia Saves the Circus". The article is a thorough account of a teaching intervention with a group of 6th grade students. https://www.academia.edu/26930302/Responding_to_Ian_Falconers_Olivia_Saves_the_Circus_2000_A_literacy_development_project_of_an_EFL_class_in_a_state_primary_school_of_Greece
Σχόλια
Δημοσίευση σχολίου